David Ziegler • email@example.com • New York City, NY
Stanford University, Stanford, CA (9/06 – 3/08)
Master of Science in Management Science and Engineering, Operations Research concentration
Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH (8/02 – 5/06)
Bachelor of Arts in Mathematics and Economics, minor in Political Science
Previous experience with C++, Objective-C, C#, Ruby, Lisp, Matlab, Stata, SAS. Preference for Linux or BSD.
Vice President Equities Technology, Goldman Sachs, New York, NY (4/2015 – Present)
- Created an Equities/Options exchange fee calculator, using Python for APIs and Apache Beam/Spark for data workflows. Automated the reconciliation process and improved accuracy from 20% to <1%.
- Owned proof of concepts of Chef, Docker, public cloud services, and evaluating their application in Equities.
Product Manager/Lead Software Engineer, StreetLight Data, San Francisco, CA (11/2013 – 3/2015)
- Mentored junior developers in best practices and established the company’s SDLC.
- Launched initial product, prepared product roadmaps, prioritized features, and conducted usability studies.
- Collaborated with sales team to onboard new customers through pre-sales reports and custom analysis.
Technical Co-Founder, Cloth & Dagger, San Francisco, CA (3/2012 – 8/2013)
- Doubled the number of orders processed per day by creating custom inventory management software.
- Reduced returns by 30% by creating a predictive algorithm to identify optimal clothing choices.
Lead Software Engineer, Mingle Media Corporation, Palo Alto, CA (10/2009 – 10/2010)
- Second employee at a growing startup. Headed engineering team to launch and scale mingle.com
Freelance Web Developer, San Francisco, CA (1/2009 – 3/2012)
- Responsible for drafting and implementing technical specifications, iterating upon user feedback, and deployment of wide-ranging consumer facing projects.
Intern, Numenta, Menlo Park, CA (6/2007 – 9/2008)
- Implemented proof of concepts for machine learning algorithms and technologies in Python and C++.
- Object recognition algorithms developed for partners successfully won in DARPA competition and evaluation.
HONORS AND AWARDS:
- Case Western Reserve University Provost Scholarship, 2002 – 2006
- Case Western Reserve University Department of Economics Robert N. Baird Award, 2006
- Case Western Reserve University Experiential Learning Fellowship Research Grant, 2004
- Case Western Reserve University SOURCE Research Grant, 2005
- SOURCE Undergraduate Research Symposium, First Place in Social Sciences, 2006